© 2020 molitrato

University Of Oxford Consultancy Agreement

We pay you a fee for personalized advice directly to you and without tax or NI deduction. You are responsible for reporting these income for taxes/NI, and HMRC advises consultants to register as independents for this activity. Information about registration can be found on the HMRC website. When academic advisors decide/must be registered vat, VAT is calculated on the cost of orientation. YES will then make the payment, including VAT, to the academic advisor under the usual payment conditions. An independent contractor or advisor is a person to whom the university has entered into a service contract and who can be identified using the counselling test. In the departments of the social sciences and humanities, it is not uncommon for department departments to include the advice and expertise of scientific staff on behalf of the department. Participation in a referral centre may, if necessary, be included in research scholarship applications and contracts. Representatives of recognized trade unions in Class 6 and above are expected to work flexibly, as long as they are operational, in order to carry out their trade union duties. These are included in the university`s recognition agreements and are included in its staff policy. The duration of the facility is not set according to the 30-day rule. If necessary, a payment can be made through the personal payslip for the additional work done in the implementation of the services.

The head of the department is expected to decide on a reasonable fee to be paid to the person on the basis of time spent (which in turn is charged on the 30-day-per-year limit). In cases where an agreement has been reached with the university on the service, it is not to be expected that another personal advice agreement with the scientist concerned will be required. The person who can give permission for a consultation or an external appointment should be as follows: not all work related to external bodies is subject to a contract with an external sponsor as part of the university`s research grants and contractual procedures. Some are probably “services,” i.e. the provision of a service to an external organization that is not academically useful, but uses unused capacity for a fee in a department (mostly specialized facilities/equipment).