© 2021 molitrato

Social Security Agreement Poland

The amount of the Polish pension to be paid is determined by Polish law and is based on the periods of insurance completed in the Polish social security system. In addition to social security and health security contributions, each salary is subject to income tax. For more information on taxes in Poland. The United States has signed totalization agreements with four countries in the FBU Poland service area: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. Information on all existing social security agreements can be found on the International Programs Overview website. – Agreement of 2 April 2008 on social security between the Republic of Poland and the United States of America, Note In addition to pension, disability and survival benefits, Polish social security taxes cover several other programmes, including one-time allowances, pensions paid as a result of work-related accidents and occupational diseases, as well as funeral allowances. As a result, workers who are exempt from social protection in Poland by contract do not pay social security contributions for these programmes and generally cannot receive benefits from them. If the agreement frees you from Polish coverage, you and your employer can agree to further benefit protection in Serden. Persons who operated a farm before July 1, 1977 or those who, prior to January 1, 1983, worked and no longer participated in farmers` social security before January 1, 1983 as family members and who, according to these data, no longer received social security benefits for farmers who did not receive an old-age pension for farmers. If, according to these data, these people were still employed, they can apply for a ZUS pension. In addition, your employer must indicate whether you remain an employee of the U.S.

company during your activity in Poland or if you will become employees of the U.S. company`s subsidiary in Poland. If you become a related company, your employer must indicate whether the U.S. company has entered into an agreement with the IRS, pursuant to Section 3121 (l) of the Internal Income Code, to pay U.S. Social Security taxes for U.S. citizens and residents employed by the subsidiary and, if so, the entry into force of Agreement 3121 (l). with regard to the Republic of Poland, the Minister of Social Security, and to qualify for US or Polish benefits as part of the agreement, follow the instructions under “Benefit Rights”. If you do not agree with the decision on your entitlement to benefits under the agreement, contact a U.S. or Polish social security office.

The people there can tell you what you need to do to appeal the decision. It is just a general guide. You can get more specific information about U.S. benefits from any U.S. social security office or visit the Social Security website at www.socialsecurity.gov. The following social security agreements are currently in effect: this brochure contains the strengths of the agreement and explains how it can help you at work and when you apply for benefits. If you are entitled to U.S. Social Security benefits and a Polish pension (zus or KRUS) and you do not need the agreement to qualify for the U.S. benefit, your U.S.

benefit may be reduced. This is the result of a provision of U.S. law that can influence how your benefit is determined if you also receive a pension based on work that is not covered by U.S. Social Security. For more information, visit our website, www.socialsecurity.gov, and get a copy of our publication, Windfall Elimination Commission (Publication No. 05-10045). If you are outside the United States, you can write to us in the “More Information” section. For example, if you have earned at least six Social Security credits in the United States but are not eligible, we can count your credits in a contracting country to make up the difference.